Easy to make and easy on the pockets, this Potatoes USA dish created by chef Sau del Rosario and Diet Diva are designed to support your energy and nutritional needs
Turkey Potato Dinner Wraps
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
3/4 lb. US russet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch and diced
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp canola oil
3/4 lb. ground lean turkey
1 large carrot, shredded
1/3 cup sliced green onions with tops
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning or basil
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 large (9 to 10-inch) whole wheat or high fiber tortillas
Light sour cream (optional)
1. Place potatoes in microwave-safe bowl. Sprinkle with water. Cover, venting one corner.
2. Microwave on high for five to eight minutes just until potatoes are tender. (Time will depend on wattage of your oven.)
3. Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add and break up turkey; cook five minutes, tossing occasionally. Mix in carrot; cook two minutes. Add potatoes and onions; cook and toss two minutes. Reduce heat to medium; mix in tomato sauce, cheese, and herbs.
4. Cook, stirring occasionally, four to five minutes until mixture is hot and most of sauce is absorbed. Season with salt and pepper. On work surface, lay out tortillas. Place 3/4 cup hot turkey mixture on each; fold and roll up as for burritos.
5. Cut in halves and place on serving plates. Accompany with sour cream, if desired.
Visit www.potatoesusa-philippines.com to learn more about their global nutrition campaign for athletes