Dig into this omega-3 fatty acid-rich poke meal exclusively created by chef and occasional boxer Kalel Chan
Video by Patrick Segovia and Jonah Velasquez
1/2 cup quinoa
1/4 cup tomato, finely diced
1/4 cup onion, finely diced
2 tablespoons cucumber, finely diced
2 tablespoons tuna cubes
2 tablespoons salmon cubes
2 tablespoons wakame
1 tablespoon mango cubes
1 tablespoon avocado cubes
1 teaspoon tobeko
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1/4 nori sheet
10 mint leaves
10 cilantro leaves
1 teaspoon cashew
1 tablespoon shoyu.
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons lime juice
1. Place quinoa in boiling water for 10 minutes until cooked then set aside.
2. Finely dice tomato, cucumber, and onion. Cut mango and avocado into medium dice.
3. Fillet tuna and salmon and cut into medium dice, then soak wakame in water until it rehydrates.
4. Combine shoyu, sesame oil, honey and lime juice. Mix well and adjust the taste.
5. In a bowl, combine all ingredients and toss it with the dressing.
6. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with cilantro, mint, black and white sesame seeds, tobiko, cashew, lime wedges, nori sheet, and ito togarashi.