Seven daily meal plans from seven iconic women
By Ea Francisco | Lead photo from Instagram
Celebrity meal plans might seem hard and unachievable. Not everyone has a personal trainer or chef after all. Though we may not be able to completely recreate it, there’s still a lot to learn from these celebrity diets. There’s no harm in trying, so here’s a one-week meal plan inspired by some of our favorite celebrities.
Day 1: Natalie Portman
Try this meal plan inspired by Natalie Portman’s diet. This meal plan is actually a vegan-based diet, so no meat, eggs, dairy, and foods processed with animal products. A lot of people say that a vegan diet can help you lose weight and prevent certain diseases.
- Breakfast: Scrambled tofu, whole wheat bread, cantaloupe
- Snack: Soy yogurt, flaxseeds
- Lunch: Black bean and sweet potato salad, grapefruit
- Snack: Trail mix
- Dinner: Cooked quinoa, grilled vegetables
Day 2: Kelly Osbourne
Kelly Osbourne said in her interview with Shape that she’s not really into those ‘diet foods,’ but she acknowledges that a change in diet is needed if she wanted to lose weight. So she started having breakfast and evening snacks and drank more water than soda. Here’s a sample of what she ate:
- Breakfast: Raisin Bran with low-fat milk or two egg whites with low-fat cheese
- Morning snack: Sliced cucumbers or dill pickles
- Lunch: Grilled chicken salad with low-fat dressing or chopped salad with low-fat mozzarella and chickpeas
- Snack: Sugar-free Jell-O or Babybel Light cheese
- Dinner: Turkey burger and steamed vegetables or turkey burger with low-fat cheese and a salad with low-fat dressing
- Evening snack: An apple or a small spinach salad with low-fat dressing.
Day 3: Beyoncé
Beyoncé follows a 22-day vegan diet made by her trainer Marco Borges. Some people who have tried this diet ordered their meal plans online, but the Kitchn reveals what a one-day meal plan looks like:
- Breakfast: Banana-walnut breakfast muffin
- Lunch: White beans and greens salad
- Dinner: Creamy elbow pasta with portobello mushroom
Day 4: Gigi Hadid
You’d think for a model that she’d be strict with what she eats, but that’s actually not the case. Gigi Hadid is all about eating clean but every now and then she indulges herself. In an issue of Harper’s Bazaar, she revealed what she usually eats in a day.
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, and coffee or orange juice
- Lunch: Arugula salad
- Snack: Ice cream
- Dinner: Sushi
Day 5: Halle Berry
View this post on Instagram
Yay it’s #FitnessFriday! So many of you have asked about my meditation routine. A few months ago I had the good fortune of traveling to India and it was a life changing experience. While there, I met a yogi master who led me in meditation for 2.5 hours!! That was a first for me. The experience not only profoundly changed me, but it inspired me to never go a day without some sort of meditation. So, today I share with you my favorite spot to meditate at home. In the far back of my garden, I have a spot that’s super secluded with a fountain. I feel safe there, and the sound of running water relaxes me. I make sure I have on comfortable clothes and I decide for how long I’m going to meditate. I set my alarm so that I’m sure to reach my goal. I usually do some stretching first so that my body feels loose and stress-free. I then find a comfortable position that I can stay in for at least 30 minutes. I close my eyes and begin. I start by focusing only on my breathing. I try to clear my mind of everything. This is not easy to do, so don’t feel bad if you struggle for a while. Stick with it, I promise it does get easier. When thoughts creep in my mind, I gently push them away and get back to focusing on my breathing. Once I’m able to clear my mind, I start to repeat whatever mantra I have for day or I simply listen to the thoughts that come to me. Many yogi’s believe this is the time to hear the messages from your higher self, your higher power, the universe, Mother Earth or God! I let them wash over me, absorbing all that comes up. When I’m done, I have ultimate clarity and I feel at peace. Today I hope you can find at least 10 minutes to meditate. Trust me, it will start to transform your thinking, which will change your life. The time is not the key, the intention is. I encourage you to share a photo of you in your favorite mediation spot and tag #FitnessFridayHB! On my IG Stories I’m sharing my #Keto meal for the day and an exercise that complements a good meditation session. It’s called a Hindu push-up. It strengthens your upper body, decompresses your lower spine and provides a great stretch which is perfect before or after #meditation. Namaste 🙏🏽❤️
Here’s a day inspired by Halle Berry. This diet was made by Celia Westberry, and it’s all about eating younger for ageless beauty. This diet makes you eat five nutrient-rich portioned meals a day. The key is buying fresh as often as possible.
- Breakfast: Egg, sliced tomatoes, slice of whole grain bread with butter
- Snack: Fresh orange juice and spring water
- Lunch: Soup, salad, slice of cornbread, herbal tea
- Teatime: Decaf green tea, handful of nuts, dried apricots
- Dinner: Fish with tomato sauce, cup of steamed veggies, 1/2 cup of rice with parsley pesto
Day 6: Jennifer Aniston
On the sixth day, you can sample Jennifer Aniston’s eating habits. For her, it’s about being mindful of what you eat but still giving yourself room to indulge. In her interview with People, she talked about her favorite foods to eat in a day.
- Breakfast: Protein shake made with bananas, cherries, blackberries, and chocolate almond milk
- Lunch: Ahi tuna with cucumber and lentil salad
- Snack: Hard boiled egg
- Dinner: Roasted chicken with pesto sauce
Day 7: Gwyneth Paltrow
Finally, we look at Gwyneth Paltrow’s meal plan inspired by the macrobiotic diet. She revealed on Goop a sample of her meal plan when she was getting ready for Iron Man 2. Here’s the diet she followed alongside some rigorous exercises:
- Breakfast: Hot water with lemon and protein bar
- Lunch: Tortilla wrap with avocado, tomato slices, cucumber slices, and jicama slivers
- Snacks: Almonds, kale juice
- Dinner: Chopped veggie salad
Do you think you’re up for eating like a celebrity? Not every diet works for everyone, and this is just a peek at what these famous women eat in a day. One thing we can get from their eating habits is that we should be conscious of what we eat. Diets may be for weight loss, but it’s for healthy eating first.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest sports news and active lifestyle and fitness features you need