Phrases every triathlete has said at least once in their sporting life
By Ea Francisco
With every sport, comes its own jargon that anyone outside it would probably not understand. Triathlon is no different. If you have any tri friends or if you’re a triathlete yourself, then you’ve probably said these phrases at some point in your life.
1. Do I want to wake up at 4am to train today? No. Do I do it anyway? Definitely
2. The sun is shining, my tan lines are darkening, but it was a good ride/run anyway
3. Morning rides are the best rides
4. It’s my off-season
5. It’s my recovery day
6. I’m trying to work on my core
7. I should work on my climb
8. Are those wheels carbon?
9. How light is that bike, though?
10. Is that aero?
11. Don’t you just love that new bike smell, and the old bike smell, or just all the bikes really?
12. Did I almost get run over while biking in the street again? Yes, yes I did.
13. To wear or not to wear compression socks today
14. I’m training for the next Ironman
15. I’ll bring my bike for a tune-up one last time
16. I’m probably going to Nuvali to bike this weekend
17. Biking in Subic sounds really nice right about now
18. I’m going to bike through the race route one more time
19. When you want to eat what you want, but you also got a race weight to follow
20. It’s a few weeks before the race, can I eat this?
21. (If you didn’t already know how to swim) I’m probably going to drown in the open water
22. Okay just one more lap in the pool
23. Today feels like a good day for a swim
24. Did I forget anything in the transition station?
25. Did I bring enough gels for refueling later?
26. I think I’ve reached my limit, but
27. I’m probably too tired to run that last kilometer, but I’m pushing it anyway
28. That race was a great race, the best I’ve done. Now when’s the next one?