We’re placing our bets on these young hopefuls to reach their football potential in Barcelona
Bannering the values of heart, effort, ambition, respect, and teamwork, the first Milo FC Barcelona (FCB) Philippine team has been officially revealed, chosen from a talented pool of almost 150 kids from all over the country who took part in the Road to Barcelona Training Camp last September 2 to 3.
The team of 13 kids was selected by an expert panel comprised of executives and coaches from Milo Philippines, the Philippine Football Federation (PFF), and the FCB Escola Youth Academy. The maiden team of the partnership will be participating in a life-changing football opportunity as they train, learn, and play the Barça way in the global camp to be held in Camp Nou on October 15 to 23.
The following players have been selected to join the prestigious activities in Barcelona:
- Lien Dale Manuel (Vicente Lim Elementary School)
- Lara Angela Amante (Isabelo de los Reyes Elementary School)
- Liam Arc Villaran (Don Bosco College-Canlubang)
- Kevin H. Hadap (Diosdado P. Macapagal Elementary School)
- Heaven Andrei Teodosio (Ilaya Barangka Integrated School)
- Lorenzo Miguel Castillo Plaza (Xavier School)
- Alexis Caitlin Tan (Keys School Manila)
- Joseph Kyne Garces (Don Bosco Technical College-Cebu)
- Marcus Lucas Arias (Don Bosco College-Canlubang)
- Lorenz Albert Tortona (Xavier School)
- Enzo Gacutan Courbet (Brent International School)
- Boris Malcolm Uy (Keys School Manila)
- Ethan Jacob Roxas (Paref Springdale-Cebu)
Manuel, Amante, Hadap, and Teodosio have been selected as the recipients of the full-sponsorship.
FCB coach Arnau Blanco during the two-day training camp in September
The team will be flying to Barcelona for a series of activities beginning October 15 until October 23 in key facilities and landmarks around the city. These incude classroom trainings, musem visits, a football clinic, a city tour, and a match viewing at Camp Nou that will allow them to watch FC Barcelona in the flesh. The program is also highlighted by special training sessions with FC Barcelona legend Eric Abidal, an unforgettable learning experience with one of the club’s most revered former players.
“We are very proud and excited to introduce the first batch of athletes who will get to go on this incredible journey in Barcelona. We believe that we have a really good team of kids who exemplify the right mix of values and skills. It is our hope that the journey of these kids inspire more and more young Filipinos to be their best, and reach for their dreams,” said Robbie De Vera, sports marketing executive of Milo Philippines.