Seven daily meal plans from seven iconic women
By Ea Francisco | Lead photo from Instagram
Celebrity meal plans might seem hard and unachievable. Not everyone has a personal trainer or chef after all. Though we may not be able to completely recreate it, there’s still a lot to learn from these celebrity diets. There’s no harm in trying, so here’s a one-week meal plan inspired by some of our favorite celebrities.
Day 1: Natalie Portman
Try this meal plan inspired by Natalie Portman’s diet. This meal plan is actually a vegan-based diet, so no meat, eggs, dairy, and foods processed with animal products. A lot of people say that a vegan diet can help you lose weight and prevent certain diseases.
- Breakfast: Scrambled tofu, whole wheat bread, cantaloupe
- Snack: Soy yogurt, flaxseeds
- Lunch: Black bean and sweet potato salad, grapefruit
- Snack: Trail mix
- Dinner: Cooked quinoa, grilled vegetables
Day 2: Kelly Osbourne
Kelly Osbourne said in her interview with Shape that she’s not really into those ‘diet foods,’ but she acknowledges that a change in diet is needed if she wanted to lose weight. So she started having breakfast and evening snacks and drank more water than soda. Here’s a sample of what she ate:
- Breakfast: Raisin Bran with low-fat milk or two egg whites with low-fat cheese
- Morning snack: Sliced cucumbers or dill pickles
- Lunch: Grilled chicken salad with low-fat dressing or chopped salad with low-fat mozzarella and chickpeas
- Snack: Sugar-free Jell-O or Babybel Light cheese
- Dinner: Turkey burger and steamed vegetables or turkey burger with low-fat cheese and a salad with low-fat dressing
- Evening snack: An apple or a small spinach salad with low-fat dressing.
Day 3: Beyoncé
Beyoncé follows a 22-day vegan diet made by her trainer Marco Borges. Some people who have tried this diet ordered their meal plans online, but the Kitchn reveals what a one-day meal plan looks like:
- Breakfast: Banana-walnut breakfast muffin
- Lunch: White beans and greens salad
- Dinner: Creamy elbow pasta with portobello mushroom
Day 4: Gigi Hadid
You’d think for a model that she’d be strict with what she eats, but that’s actually not the case. Gigi Hadid is all about eating clean but every now and then she indulges herself. In an issue of Harper’s Bazaar, she revealed what she usually eats in a day.
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, and coffee or orange juice
- Lunch: Arugula salad
- Snack: Ice cream
- Dinner: Sushi
Day 5: Halle Berry
Here’s a day inspired by Halle Berry. This diet was made by Celia Westberry, and it’s all about eating younger for ageless beauty. This diet makes you eat five nutrient-rich portioned meals a day. The key is buying fresh as often as possible.
- Breakfast: Egg, sliced tomatoes, slice of whole grain bread with butter
- Snack: Fresh orange juice and spring water
- Lunch: Soup, salad, slice of cornbread, herbal tea
- Teatime: Decaf green tea, handful of nuts, dried apricots
- Dinner: Fish with tomato sauce, cup of steamed veggies, 1/2 cup of rice with parsley pesto
Day 6: Jennifer Aniston
On the sixth day, you can sample Jennifer Aniston’s eating habits. For her, it’s about being mindful of what you eat but still giving yourself room to indulge. In her interview with People, she talked about her favorite foods to eat in a day.
- Breakfast: Protein shake made with bananas, cherries, blackberries, and chocolate almond milk
- Lunch: Ahi tuna with cucumber and lentil salad
- Snack: Hard boiled egg
- Dinner: Roasted chicken with pesto sauce
Day 7: Gwyneth Paltrow
Finally, we look at Gwyneth Paltrow’s meal plan inspired by the macrobiotic diet. She revealed on Goop a sample of her meal plan when she was getting ready for Iron Man 2. Here’s the diet she followed alongside some rigorous exercises:
- Breakfast: Hot water with lemon and protein bar
- Lunch: Tortilla wrap with avocado, tomato slices, cucumber slices, and jicama slivers
- Snacks: Almonds, kale juice
- Dinner: Chopped veggie salad
Do you think you’re up for eating like a celebrity? Not every diet works for everyone, and this is just a peek at what these famous women eat in a day. One thing we can get from their eating habits is that we should be conscious of what we eat. Diets may be for weight loss, but it’s for healthy eating first.